Tuesday, August 26, 2008

beer hunting

so, i just had coldstone with my darling friend jaclyn england, mother of twin girls.  good little mormon girl, that i worked with at the salt palace oh, so many years ago...when she was JUST getting married.  good friend!  she, being the good, frugal mormon mother-slash-wife that she is, shared with me her secret to grocery savings.  beer hunting.  she gave me coupons.  she said she's saved $2,000.00 this year doing this!!!  here's the deal.  hit the stores.  look for the beer displays (prevalent during the summer months). they have coupons for $25 rebate when you spend $$$ on things like charcoal, ice, bottled water, pizza, deli meats, etc.  NO BEER PURCHASE REQUIRED!  which is good for me, since jeff yells @ me when i buy grocery store beer (3.2% alcohol).  just kidding he doesn't ever yell at me.  but anyway.  after we hit coldstone, we drove over to Smith's and she showed me just how this works.  amazing.  and so freakin' funny that my cute mo-mo friend is makin' money off the beer companies!  heineken paid for her girls outfits.  coors bought deli platters they took to a family gathering. love it.  

2 comments:

FitzFam4ever said...

I'm so glad you still hang out with good little mormon girls! Great idea. I will have to try it!

SayitwithanH said...

Beer hunting...hmmm. I'll have to think about that one. LOL.