Wednesday, August 13, 2008

vegas, baby, VEGAS!

so, i just got back from mpi in vegas (meeting professionals international).  i'm beat.  i can do vegas for about 3-4 days tops, then i need to get outta there.  i was there for 5 1/2 days.  i woke up DONE yesterday.  it probably didn't help that i had wine for dinner the night before. i know, i know, rough life; i eat and drink for a living.  i  know how to work a room.  but i still make rookie mistakes, and i'm not 29 anymore you know; i get tired & it catches up with me.  anyway.  it was fun, jeff came down with me for the weekend portion, we've never done vegas together.  we saw julian marley @ the hard rock hotel pool-side friday night when we got in.  it was cool, and i wasn't excited that it was G/A poolside, aka hot as crap.  but, we inadvertently ended up in the vip cabana area.  jeff instantly thought we were 'not in the right place'.  he was right.  he went to go get drinks a bit later, and was gone for quite awhile....i wondered where he was.  when he finally came back, he said, 'babe, we're not supposed to be here; a security guard wouldn't let me back up here!'.  oh well.  we hung out there, right above the stage, enjoyed ourselves, and then left.

the conference was good.  tradeshow was good.  salt lake is hosting this conference next year, and it's a BIG deal.  i'm stoked!  we had a large contingency from slc in vegas to promote'09 @ the luncheon yesterday.  it rocked.  the presentation was awesome, the food was amazing (made with local ingredients) and the after buzz was cool......

the final event last night was at mandalay bay beach.  STYX.  yes, STYX. from the 80's.  a few of the young 'uns in our crowd didn't even know who they were....it was a cool event.  let's be honest, vegas should do it bigger & better than everyone else.  and they did last night.  what a great event.  4,000+pp.  food, scantily-clad dancers (male & female), ambiance, bars, music, prince impersonator, sand and wave pool, STYX & fireworks!  it seriously rocked!  i'm not sure what my deal was this conference, but i waxed philosophical all week; i ran into so many old school mpi buddies, from my chapter president days, and old industry friends from utah/wyoming that i found myself reminiscing about the good 'ole days a lot.  feeling old.  maybe the fact my birthday is in 2 days had something to do with it.  seeing STYX didn't help, either.  i was right back into 1983 again.  anyway.  turning 40 a year ago really rocked my world.  how did i get here?  was i really single & dating for like, 20 years?? where does the time go?  it blew me away.  now i'm home for a day and a half, and back on the road friday (my b-day) headed to san diego for asae.  jeff is coming with me again, so i don't spend my birthday alone.  great guy, huh?  i just have a reception to attend for hilton, then we'll hit an outdoor concert to celebrate the big day.  tower of power!  should rock.  we saw tower of power in park city the weekend we got engaged.  

so, i had a killer time in vegas, but i have no photos to share.  i'm new to the blog thing, and i suck at picture-taking.  or, remembering to take pictures.  jeff even left me the camera.  hopefully i'll get better and as i blog, i'll have pix to post.  

xo

3 comments:

SayitwithanH said...

Ohhh, way too much fun! I'm glad you're back. But, now I'm leaving. VIP huh? You do know how to work a room ;)

FitzFam4ever said...

What a great blog entry! Can I live through you?! My life is just full of runny noses, poopy diapers, crying (that's me not the kids) and bills with no money! I'll be checking back often to take a break from my reality! You are Celeberty Vicki Give Jeff and your family hugs for me!

Shawn's Girls said...

Cool Blog. Im trying to get one up soon Talk to you soon EM