Tuesday, August 5, 2008

ok. start of blog.

so i made the mistake of announcing my blog on facebook.  everyone wants the blog site.  i didn't dare tell them that 'i started a blog' translates to 'i snagged a url for a blog'.  geez.  i felt the pressure of friends with kids and their damn blogs.  so i started a blog.  but i'm a DINK (double income, no kids).  i don't have kids.  not because i haven't been trying to have kids...don't get me started.  so. i started a blog without kids to brag about. what's a girl to do?  or talk about?  i guess i could share why i don't have kids yet.  and, chat about the kids i DO have in my life....my nieces and nephews.  they're the best.  i may not be a mother yet, but i'm a damn good aunt!

let's start with today's events.  so, i went to work.  i worked until 1:15 or so until i went to a lasik eval appt. in sandy.  i'm sick of wearing glasses.  it's been since 8th grade. i'm done!!  so, anyway...  i was at Hoopes Vision Center in sandy for 2 1/2 hrs.  before i was graced with the presence of 'A' dr. hoopes.  initially, dr. richard yardley (a.k.a. dick) did all my initial prep-work.  he was most inquisitive when he found out i worked at the hilton downtown.  at first i thought it was great 'customer service'.  then, it got kind of uncomfortable.  towards the end of the appt. he was whispering about an additional discount and shoving prescription eye drops in my purse.  'don't let the drug rep see', he said.  'they retail for $100 a bottle'.  i just said 'ok', since he seemed so nervous about it.  little did he know it wasn't that big a deal to hook him up with a friends & family rate at my hotel....as long as there is availability.  anyhow.  it was interesting.  so despite all this weirdness, i have a lasik surgery scheduled for aug. 28th.  i'm stoked!  i'm so SICK of wearing glasses!

i think this is good for an initial post, right?  besides, i'm tired and the local news is almost over.  boa noite!
xo

6 comments:

SayitwithanH said...

Yay! Way to bribe/intimidate your doctor. If you're a DINK, does that make me a SINK...hmmm or just SAD (Single And Dealing). We'll discuss. ;)

Annie said...

I approve of the first blog. And I don't want to be SAD like Hola, so we've got to come up with a new acronym. Oh, and I approve of the choice to not use capitol letters. :)

Lady D said...

Welcome to blogging! I love your first blog entry...way more interesting than the non DINK blogs I come across sometimes...let's do lunch soon. D

Petit Elefant said...

see, you don't need kids to blog.

lilyleaf said...

couldn't wait for the blog.
LOVE the blog.
can't wait for more blogs.

love, lisa the DAWAK (dating and wanting a kid)

check in withya later!

Stephanie Pinegar said...

Besides doing a blog--I just started one too check it out at pinegarposts- I'm so excited you're getting LASIK--I swear it is the best thing I've ever done, besides marrying Jared. It's like resurrection morning (you just don't have to die to get there!) I'd say pass on the valium and keep it for a time you REALLY need it!!! Happy Belated Bday!